Chimney Sweeping Services in Los Angeles
Keep Your Chimney Clean With Regular Service
With 25 years of experience building and reconstructing chimneys, we realized just how high the demand was to sweep chimneys. We take the time to fully train our Los Angeles masonry contractors and purchased the highest quality equipment to ensure that we can provide quality services to our customers. In order to avoid having to call us for our Los Angeles chimney repair, our chimney sweeping services are important to receive.
Contact Boston Brick & Stone, Inc. today to schedule a Los Angeles chimney sweeping service.
Trust Boston Brick & Stone, Inc. With Your Chimney Sweeping Needs
At Boston Brick & Stone, Inc., we perform chimney sweeping services, chimney inspections & even chimney construction to customers throughout Pasadena, Agoura Hills, Burbank, and the greater Los Angeles area. Our company is known for both our technical expertise and our professional customer service.
Reasons Regular Chimney Cleaning & Inspections Are Important Include:
- Animals could be hidden inside your chimney
- Restoration or damage could have affected the chimney or firebox
- Debris from the fireplace or trees could be built up
Common Signs Your Chimney Needs to be Swept
Your chimney might not be the first thing you think of when it comes to your home's cleanliness, but it should never be overlooked. Not only can a dirty chimney negatively affect your home's air quality, it can also turn into a hazard and fill your home with smoke the next time you start a fire. Some signs to keep a lookout for include:
- Your fire smells off - That distinct smell of burning firewood is supposed to be pleasant, but if your chimney is full of soot then it could have a musky unpleasant odor and you should call in our Los Angeles chimney sweep specialists.
- Your chimney with no fire smells bad - Soot smells bad when there is or isn't a fire. So if there's every a smokey smell of soot originating from your chimney then you need a chimney sweeping.
- Hard time lighting a fire - When your creosote is super thick, you might not get the easy ventilation that combusting gases of need to ignite flames. If you're having a hard time lighting dry wood then get our Los Angeles chimney sweep technicians in pronto.
- Visible soot or creosote - If you can see visible, black soot or creosote then you'll need a chimney sweeping. Clean your fireplace, take a flashlight and get on your back for a good view up your chimney. If it's so dirty that you couldn't imagine doing those three things then give us a call.
How Often Should a Chimney be Swept?
The frequency of how many times a chimney must swept depends on what is being burned and how often it is burning. Our Los Angeles chimney sweeping team along with many other professionals in the field suggest having your chimney swept at least twice a year for wood. Again, this changes with different items so it is best thing to reach out to your local chimney specialist for an accurate estimation.
Performing Thorough Chimney Sweeps
Before we begin the chimney sweeping process, the fireplace opening is tightly covered with heavy plastic. We cover any nearby furniture to protecting your belongings. However, it is important to understand that 100% grime-free cleaning is impossible, no matter how careful we are. We make every effort possible to protect your home, but recommend that homeowners consider scheduling chimney cleaning before painting, replacing drapes, or house cleaning services.
Once the fireplace is covered, we go to the roof and sweep the chimney. After a thorough initial sweep, the team stops to let everything settle and then sweeps a second time. Once everything has settled and come down to the fireplace, we carefully remove the plastic and vacuum out the debris. The last part of the sweep is brushing out the fire area and vacuuming a second time. Once the cleaning is complete, our Los Angeles chimney inspector does a complete inspection.
Call Today To Schedule Your Los Angeles Chimney Sweeping Service
Over time, your chimney builds up with a significant amount of soot and debris. If you can't remember the last time your chimney was cleaned, it's time to call in a professional Los Angeles chimney repair technician. Additionally, we are prepared to make any type of chimney repair which may be needed after our initial inspection. Our team can provide you with an on-site inspection where we can answer your questions and provide you with a complete detailed estimate.
Contact Boston Brick & Stone, Inc. today at (626) 296-7700 to get started with your Los Angeles chimney sweeping service.